Daniel W. Towson has practiced law over 23 years in San Diego handling exclusively civil litigation. His areas of practice include general business litigation, the defense of class actions, franchise disputes, toxic tort/mold litigation and personal injury matters. Mr. Towson specializes in representing developers, pest control professionals and mid-sized local businesses.
Mr. Towson has litigated and tried complex cases throughout the State of California as far north as San Francisco, including wrongful death actions, landlord-tenant disputes, product liability cases, professional negligence, insurance bad faith claims and real estate disputes. He has earned Martindale-Hubbell's prestigious "AV Rating," which signifies a preeminent level of legal ability and ethical standards, and since 2013, Mr. Towson has been recognized by San Diego Magazine as one of San Diego's top civil litigation attorneys. He was recently recognized in the San Diego Business Journal's 2016 Best of the Bar.
Mr. Towson received his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of California, Davis in 1988, and his law degree from the University of San Diego, School of Law, cum laude, in 1992. Mr. Towson was admitted to the California Bar in 1992 and is admitted to practice in all courts in the State of California, the United States District Courts for the Southern, Central, and Northern District of California, and the United States Supreme Court.
He is an active member of the San Diego County Bar Association, a former member of the State Bar of California Committee on Administration of Justice, and a Master with The Honorable William B. Enright American Inn of Court.
Mr. Towson also maintains an active appellate practice. His recent published decisions include: People v. Alistar Insurance Co. (2004) 115 Cal.App.4th 122; Ulloa v. McMillin Real Estate & Mortgage, Inc. (2007) 149 Cal.App.4th 333; and Formet v. Lloyd Termite Control Co. (2010) 185 Cal.App.4th 595
Areas Of Practice
- Construction Defect
- Pest Control
- Business Litigation
- California, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1994
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1994
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2003
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 1992
- Honors: cum laude
- University of California, Davis, California
- B.S. - 1988
- Major: Biological Sciences
- Ulloa v. McMillin Real Estate, 149 Cal.App.4th 333, 2007, 4th District Court of Appeal
- Formet v. Lloyd Termite Control Co., 185 Cal.App.4th 585, 2010, 4th District Court of Appeal
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Diego County Bar Association, 1994 to Present
- Enright Inns of Court, Master, 2004 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Greco & Traficante, Associate, 1995 to 1998
- Duckor & Spradling, Associate, 1994 to 1995